- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle flew back to California on Tuesday, the day after Queen Elizabeth’s funeral
- The couple reportedly plan to go home almost immediately after the funeral as they miss their child ‘crazy’
- Sussexes only planned to stay in Europe for less than a week but extended their stay after the Queen’s death
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are reportedly returning to California following Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have returned to their home in Montecito, California, to be reunited with their children, Archie, 3, and Lilibet, 1, after being separated from them for more than two weeks. Us Weekly report.
Prince Harry, 38, and Markle, 41, have been in Europe since September 4. They initially planned to stay there for less than a week for a series of charity events.
However, Elizabeth II’s health deteriorated rapidly during her time in the UK, and the late monarch died on September 8 at the age of 96. The couple decided to extend their stay until her funeral.
Prince Harry and Markle left the UK on Tuesday, a day after the late monarch’s funeral, Page 6 report. When the couple was away, Markle’s mum Doria Ragland was reportedly looking after their children.
Before they left their home country, an anonymous source told Us Weekly on Monday that Prince Harry and Markle planned to fly back to California immediately after the funeral because they missed their children “madly”.
“Meghan and Harry are set to return to Montecito almost immediately after the funeral, where they will be reunited with Archie and Lilibett after being separated for more than two weeks,” the source said, adding it was “their longest” time” has been separated from their children. “
The insider continued: “They miss their kids madly and call them every day, but after a painful few weeks they can’t wait to see and hold them again.”
The death of Queen Elizabeth II has reunited Prince Harry and Prince William, who have been estranged for years since the Duke of Sussex and Markle decided to step down from royal duties in 2020.
Two days after the Queen’s death, the Prince of Wales invited his brother and sister-in-law to join him and his wife Kate Middleton to meet mourners outside Windsor Castle. This marks the first time in more than two years that the one-off “Four Tigers” have been photographed together.
After the September 10 walk, Prince William continued to contact Prince Harry.
During the Queen’s ceremony at St George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle on Monday, he was seen waving to his brother and Markle, inviting them to come and sit with him and his family. Prince Harry nodded, and he and his wife came to the front row.
Earlier in the day, Prince Harry and Markle sat in the second row at the Queen’s state funeral at Westminster Abbey, leading royal fans to speculate that it was a deliberate snub for the Sussex couple.
However, an unnamed source at Buckingham Palace told The Daily Beast, denying the couple’s second-row seats were snubbed, and clarified that the order of seating arrangements “is about age order, but try not to divide the family. “.
Palace sources say the Queen’s grandchildren, with the exception of the heir to the throne, Prince William, are listed by age. That’s apparently why Princess Anne’s children Peter Phillips and Zara Tindall sit in the front row with Prince William, Kate and their eldest son, even though they are not considered serving royals.