Balloons, historical buildings, temples, and beautiful beaches. You can find all these attractions in one single destination: Turkey. American citizens will be amazed by this country of rich culture, welcoming people, and astonishing landscapes. Find all the information to plan your trip to Turkey, such as visas, in this article.
Be prepared to explore a country full of history, marked by the great victories of the Ottoman Empire. Cappadocia and its unique rock formations is something you shouldn’t miss, but you also will be fascinated by historical monuments or Turkish natural wonders, like the white travertine terraces of Pamukkale.
To make this dream trip come true, it’s good to know that U.S. citizens traveling to Turkey have to apply for a Turkey Visa For US Citizens first. This visa is required by Turkish authorities to enter the country, but the application process is straightforward and can be done 100% online.
On this page you’ll find all the documents and steps required to get your Turkish visa. Let our expert team do all the hard work for you, and plan your trip to Turkey without hassle!
About the Turkey visa for U.S. citizens
American passport holders need a Turkey e-Visa to travel to the country for tourism or business purposes. The United States is one of the countries eligible to apply for this Turkey electronic visa online, so there’s no need to visit the Turkish embassy.
In just a few clicks, fill out the necessary information on the iVisa application form. It’s recommended to apply with a passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of your arrival in Turkey. The Turkish e-Visa is a Multiple Entry visa, and allows foreign nationals a stay of 90 days in Total. This visa is valid for up to 180 days after arrival.
However, if you’re traveling to Turkey from the United States and you need a residence permit, work, or study visa, this e-Visa isn’t enough. Please apply for the appropriate long-term visa at your nearest Turkish embassy.
TURKEY VISA DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS FOR U.S. PASSPORT HOLDERS
The Turkey e-Visa is mandatory for American passport holders entering the country. Check the following list of requirements from the Turkish government to fill out the visa application form:
- A valid passport (at least 6 months of validity from the date you intend to enter Turkey).
- A valid email address.
- Supporting documents (if required). For example, if you’re a foreign citizen with a Urgent Visa For Turkey residency permit, you must also show your Residence ID or permit for the United States and your passport from your country of origin.
- Credit or debit card for paying the Turkey visa fees.
TURKISH VISA FOR UNITED STATES CITIZENS: HOW TO APPLY
Applying for a Turkey visa is very easy for American citizens. The process is done 100% online so you can submit the Turkey visa application form in just a few clicks and in less than 10 minutes:
- First, U.S. citizens have to fill out all the information on the iVisa application page, such as personal data and details of their trip (passport number, flight number, and hotel booking). After that, they’re able to select the processing time.
- Second, double-check that all your information is correctly filled out. Then, pay the Turkey visa fees.
- Third, upload all supporting documents and submit the application for the Turkey e-Visa. All the scans of your documents need to be legible.
As soon as your visa is approved, you’ll receive the confirmation of your Turkish e-Visa in your email inbox.
¿CAN I APPLY FOR FAMILY OR FRIENDS?
YES, you can apply for family, friends and minors. Don’t forget that they need to have the same type of passport as you. You can apply here.
HOW MUCH DOES TURKEY E-VISA FOR U.S. CITIZENS COST?
The visa fee of your Turkey visa will depend on how fast you want to receive it. We offer three processing speeds that should suit all your needs:
- Standard Processing time: With this option, you will get your Turkey e-Visa in 24 hours. It will cost USD $103.49.
- Rush Processing time: This option is perfect if you’re in a bit of a rush to get your e-Visa to enter Turkey, as it just takes 4 hours for USD $141.49.
- Super Rush Processing time: This is our fastest option, ideal if you booked a last-minute trip. You’ll receive your Turkey e-Visa in 30 minutes for USD $183.49.
COVID-19 restrictions in Turkey COVID-19
RESTRICTIONS IN TURKEY
Turkey does not restrict tourism. All nationalities are allowed to enter Turkey if they meet the country’s immigration regulations.
The COVID-19 test and quarantine are no longer required for travelers from the United States to enter Turkey. Turkey no longer requires PCR tests as of June 2022. Travelers entering Turkey are also no longer required to present proof of vaccination.
iVisa’s travel tips for Turkey:
THE BEST CITIES TO VISIT IN TURKEY
Turkey’s cities and villages each have something else to offer, whether it’s food, architecture, or history.
- Istanbul: This city has an amazing collection of historic monuments from different eras, with buildings dating back to the Byzantine and Ottoman empires. It’s a place to appreciate architecture, with sights worth visiting like the Blue Mosque, Topkapı Palace, the Grand Bazaar, and Hagia Sophia (Aya Sofya).
- Bursa: The place where Iskender kebab was invented is a good choice to explore Turkish gastronomy, with a lot of amazing restaurants. More than a culinary spot, Bursa was the capital of the Ottoman Empire, offering a lot of historical points to visit.
- Fethiye: If you want to enjoy the Mediterranean coast, Fethiye is a perfect start. The city is a major yachting destination and offers lots of sailing activities. Visit the Xanthos-Letoön, the classical-era Lycian ruins that are included on the UNESCO World Heritage list.
- Izmir: The most important port town along the Turkish coastline from the Roman period until the end of the Ottoman era. Of course, you can discover parts of this history around there, like the nearby sites of Ephesus and Pergamum, but today Izmir is a very metropolitan city, offering great shopping and cultural events.